Cardiologists specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases and abnormalities of the heart and blood vessels.
Our cardiologists provide non-invasive treatment and preventive testing to keep your heart healthy and strong, and provide more advanced procedures if you require them.
- Consultation – pediatric and adult
- Evaluation after heart attack
- Heart monitoring, including electrocardiogram (EKG) and Holter monitoring
- Pacemaker analysis and follow-up
- Risk factor screening
- Stress testing
- Pacemaker implantation (temporary and permanent): A device that delivers electric shocks to the heart to keep it beating at a normal rhythm, usually used when the heart beats too slowly.
- Implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD): ICDs are similar to pacemakers, and many ICDs can act as a pacemaker, and are ideal for patients who may suffer life-threatening arrhythmias.
- Cardiac catheterization: A diagnostic test used to find out if you have heart disease or a blockage in any of your valves or arteries.
- Coronary angiography: A diagnostic X-ray test used to find out if your coronary arteries are blocked.
- Electrophysiology: The treatment of arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Transesophageal echocardiography: This test uses high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to produce an image of your heart
Services Provided In Partnership with University Of Maryland Medical System
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (used to treat coronary artery disease)
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Advanced heart failure treatment and transplant
For your best heart health, it is important to have a good relationship with your primary care physician (PCP). Your PCP knows you best, and can make recommendations for ways to strengthen your heart and keep you in good cardiovascular fitness. PCPs can also make a referral to UM CMG – Cardiology in the event that your condition requires more specialized monitoring and treatment.