Call for appointment:240-677-2180 240-677-2180
University of Maryland Capital Region Health offers a range of infusion therapy services, provided by specially trained and experienced registered nurses. Our infusion nurses work with doctors, pharmacists, nutritionists and other healthcare professionals to give you safe, high-quality care. Our infusion services include:
- Antibiotics for infections
- Blood transfusions
- Hydration therapy (replenish lost fluids due to illness, injury or surgery)
- Immunoglobulin and iron therapy for anemia
- Medicine injections (shots), including difficult-to-find medicines (such as XOLAIR®)
- Osteoporosis medicines
Our goal is to make your experience as worry-free and comfortable as possible. We offer a family-friendly environment, comfortable recliners or beds, convenient appointment times, and drinks and snacks.
You need a doctor’s referral before you can make an appointment at the Infusion Center. Our staff obtains pre-authorization, and we’ll let you know what to bring to your first appointment, including:
- All the medicines you’re taking, in the original containers, or a list of them with the dosage, strength and frequency you take them.
- A list of your allergies.
- Paperwork from your doctor’s office.
The Outpatient Infusion Center is located on the first floor of UM Capital Region Medical Center. For questions or to make an appointment, please call 240-677-2180.