Call for appointment:240-568-3477 240-568-3477
University of Maryland Capital Region Health offers a range of infusion therapy services, provided by specially trained and experienced registered nurses. Our infusion nurses work with doctors, pharmacists, nutritionists and other healthcare professionals to give you safe, high-quality care. Our infusion services include:
- Anti-coagulation therapy (blood thinners) for heart and vascular conditions
- Antibiotics for infections
- Blood transfusions
- Hydration therapy (replenish lost fluids due to illness, injury or surgery)
- Immunoglobulin and iron therapy for anemia
- Medicine injections (shots), including difficult-to-find medicines (such as XOLAIR®)
- Osteoporosis medicines
- Pain management medicines
Our goal is to make your experience as worry-free and comfortable as possible. We offer a family-friendly environment, comfortable recliners or beds, convenient appointment times, and drinks and snacks.
You need a doctor’s referral before you can make an appointment at the Infusion Center. Our staff obtains pre-authorization, and we’ll let you know what to bring to your first appointment, including:
- All the medicines you’re taking, in the original containers, or a list of them with the dosage, strength and frequency you take them.
- A list of your allergies.
- Paperwork from your doctor’s office.
If you have questions about Infusion Center services, or want to make an appointment call us at 240-568-3477.