Call for appointment:410-328-7849 410-328-7849
Our goal is to reduce the burden of serious illness by helping you maintain the best quality of life possible.
Throughout the course of a disease, we will help you and your family manage the factors that contribute to your suffering.
Unlike hospice, palliative care is not just for those at the end of their lives. It is for anyone suffering a serious, chronic or life-threatening illness.
We will help you to make sure:
- You are in control
- Your voice is being heard
- Your symptoms are managed
- You have support around you
- You understand your choices
- We understand and honor those choices
We will work with your doctors and other caregivers. Our goal is to help anticipate and manage your physical, mental and spiritual needs.
We want to be sure we understand what matters to you.
Illnesses Supported by Palliative Care
A few of the illnesses supported by our team:
- Heart disease
- Kidney failure
- Lung disease
- HIV/ AIDS
- Alzheimer's, dementia
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Many other illnesses
Symptoms Helped by Palliative Care
Here are some of the symptoms we can help you with:
- Pain such as soreness, cramping
- Shortness of breath
- Anxiety and worry
- Difficulties with eating and sleeping
Our care is covered in the same way as other medical services (e.g. cardiology). Most insurance covers all or part of our care.
- Raya Elfadel Kheirbek, MD, MPH; Chief, Division of Palliative Medicine
- Ila Mulasi, MD
- Rachel Nathan, MD
- Marian S. Grant, DNP, ACNP-BC, ACHPN, FPCN, RN
- Jaime Melhorn, DNP, CRNP, AGACNP, ACHPN
- Marguerite Russo, PhD, CRNP-F, ACHPN
- Sarah Whitehead, MSN, RN, NP, AGPCNP-C
- Steven R. Eveland, MBA, RN, CHPN
- L. Diana Ardeljan, PharmD, BCPS
- Anjana Chacko, MS, LCSW-C
- Rev. Debrah Zuercher, M.Div., BCC-PCHAC
- Tara L. Armstrong, BC CPAS; Clinical Business Operations Manager
Talk to your nurse or doctor, or call us at 410-328-7849.