Prescription Glasses and Contact Lenses
Call for appointment:667-214-1111 667-214-1111
University of Maryland’s board-certified opticians provide you with the latest in eye testing and eyewear.
We offer lenses, spectacle lens materials, tints, designs and coatings for children and adults to meet your lifestyle and sight needs.
Need a way to use your flex spending account? You can use it with us for contact lenses, frames and glasses. We’re now accepting UMMC employees with VSP Insurance.
Glasses at the Optical Shop
Our advanced, customized lenses include:
- Anti-reflective coatings reduce the glare off computer screens and haloes around lights at night.
- High-index lenses offer superior vision in a leaner, lightweight lens, plus an aspheric surface.
- Transition lenses help maintain comfortable vision as you go indoors or outdoors, while keeping the sun’s harmful UV rays at bay.
- Polycarbonate lenses keep you active with comfortable high-impact resistant, UV and scratch-resistant lenses. Great for children, sports enthusiasts and monocular patients.
- Polarized and sunwear lenses protect you against harmful rays at the beach, on the water or in the snow.
- Progressive lenses let you see clearly at any distance without those annoying (and aging) bifocal or trifocal lines.
We carry a variety of brands, such as RayBan®, Gucci®, Kate Spade New York®, Tory Burch®, Fossil®, Vogue™, Marc Jacobs®, Nike®, Polo Ralph Lauren® and Nine West®.
Eye Care Locations
Our services include consults and exams, as well as an optical shop. We have two locations: