Behavioral Health Unit Visiting Hours and Restrictions
DURING COVID-19 THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT (BHU) HAS MADE TEMPORARY CHANGES TO VISITOR POLICY TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PATIENTS, VISITORS, AND TEAM MEMBERS:
The inpatient Behavioral Health Unit (BHU) is having in person visitation by appointment only to address treatment planning, discharge planning, and other circumstances as defined by the treatment team. These appointments are scheduled through the patient’s social worker. The BHU team is happy to assist with virtual visitation.
Please call the charge nurse to inquire how to facilitate a virtual visit at 443-843-8054. Thank you.
The visitation policies below represent our normal procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: These visitation policies are on hold during COVID-19. For more information on current guidelines please call 443-843-8800.
All family/visitors are to abide by posted visiting hours.
Visiting times may be changed according to unit or patient needs.
Visiting hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 7 pm - 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday – 2 pm - 3 pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Holidays – 2 pm - 3 pm and 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Visitation takes place in the day room, not the patient's room.
Rules & Restrictions
- There is no smoking on the unit. No matches, cigarettes or lighters are allowed.
- Clothes brought from home should have no strings on the clothing. No hoodies or hats.
- Staff members will check any packages brought from home.
- No food items from outside the unit are allowed in.
- The patient you are visiting or the social worker will provide an access code to you. You will be asked for the code before entering the unit.