University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health (UM UCH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability. Read our nondiscrimination policy.
To hear a listing of our current open positions please call 1-800-791-9070.
Our hiring process includes the following steps to ensure that all potential team members are treated fairly and in accordance with state and federal laws:
- Application/resume submission. Applications are accepted online. Please look at career opportunities and apply for any open position for which you may qualify. To ensure the right fit in a position, all applicants are required to answer essay questions as part of their application. We will send an acknowledgement email to all candidates that submit their resume or application.
- Pre-employment testing. The following position has a screening test that must be passed to be considered for the position:
- Unit Secretary - must pass a medical terminology test
Interviews. Candidates selected for on-site interviews are normally notified by phone within 2 weeks of submitting their resume or application.
- References and Criminal Background Checks. We check employment references with prior employers for all candidates under serious consideration. Criminal background checks are required for some positions. All confirming offers are contingent upon successful completion of these checks.
- Drug Screening & Pre-placement Physicals. Candidates selected to join our team must successfully complete a pre-placement drug screening and physical assessment, including a PPD test for tuberculosis. All tests are scheduled and paid for by Upper Chesapeake Health. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of these tests.
- Confirming Offers. After completing the steps outlined above, a representative from the Human Resources Department will confirm the job offer, determine a mutually acceptable start date and arrange the orientation sessions.