Information for Research Subjects
Information for Research Subjects is taken from the ClinicalTrials website, a service of the National Institute of Health and developed by the National Library of Medicine.
Choosing to participate in a clinical trial is an important personal decision. The following frequently asked questions provide detailed information about clinical trials. In addition, it is often helpful to talk to a physician, family members, or friends about deciding to join a trial. After identifying some trial options, the next step is to contact the study research staff and ask questions about specific trials.
Please review the Learn About Clinical Studies page at Clinical Trials to answer your questions about clinical research.
Look at the WIRB website to learn more about the following information on clinical studies:
- For parents thinking about enrolling a child in research
- Information to consider before agreeing to join a research study
- Some reasons why people join research studies
- Risks and benefits of research
- Responsibilities and Rights of research subjects