Resources for Journalists
Contact Media Relations:410-328-8919 410-328-8919
The Media Relations Team for the University of Maryland Medical System looks forward to working with you to tell life-changing stories about our innovations in health and medicine. We offer the following resources to journalists:
- Interviews with world-renowned experts on hundreds of topics in medicine and health
- Patient interviews
- Opportunity for b-roll
- Photography assets including video and photos
Contact media relations across UMMS and learn about after-hours assistance.
On-Site Visits by News Media
All on-site visits for any purpose, including photography, videography or interviews with patients, their families, staff or physicians must be arranged in advance via the Media Relations Team.
- A member of the Media Relations Team must escort the news media - including any professional photographer, writer or videographer on assignment) at all times when they are at a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) facility.
- Members of the media who are working on assignment must identify themselves as such to hospital staff. This policy also applies to media attending any UMMS event.
- Photography/videography by the news media at any UMMS facility without prior approval by the Media Relations Team is not permitted.
- The use of UMMS facilities as a backdrop or “location” for photography or videography with or without inclusion of patients or staff requires prior approval.
Updates on Patient Conditions
Please direct inquiries regarding patient conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media must provide the correct first and last name of any patient about whom they are inquiring.
- Per federal privacy guidelines, we are able to provide one-word conditions about patients in our care: Critical, Serious, Fair or Good.
- Conditions about minors in our care will not be released unless consent has been granted by the parent or guardian.