Clinical Placement – Allied Health Students
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a university-based regional healthcare system focused on serving the health care needs of Maryland, bringing innovation, discovery, and research to the care we provide and educating the state's future healthcare professions.
UMMS facilities offer clinical/practicum opportunities for students in all allied health programs. Once approved by your school coordinator, complete all necessary paperwork prior to your start date.
- COVID-19 vaccine(s) are required for all UMMS team members
- The Flu vaccine is required from October 1st – April 1st each year
- Comply with the UMMS Dress Code Policy
- Follow the Social Media Policy
These instructions are for:
- PA students
- PCT, surgical tech, EMS, cardiovascular students
- Allied health/non-nursing students
- Note: If you are a nursing student, please visit clinical education for nursing students
University of Maryland Medical Center (Downtown and Midtown)Toggle accordion item
For UMMC Downtown and Midtown Campuses:
- Clinical Requirements for Onboarding
- EPIC Access request form - Must be completed for each clinical experience.
- Portfolio Roster for UMMS U Training
- Portfolio Training Instructions – School coordinators will share these instructions with students.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- IST Cherwell Confidentiality Instructions
- UMMC Orientation Manual
- COVID Vaccine Documentation
For UMMC Downtown Campus:
- Downtown Campus Student Parking Information
- Email CPPDOnboarding@umm.edu for a badge request form.
For UMMC Midtown Campus:
For questions or more information, please email CPPDOnboarding@umm.edu