Mohummad Minhaj Siddiqui, MD
Director, Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery
Available for Telemedicine Visits
About Mohummad Minhaj Siddiqui, MDToggle accordion item
Dr. Mohummad Siddiqui, a fellowship-trained specialist in urologic oncology and robotic surgery, specializes in surgical management of urologic cancers, such as prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer. His focus is on complex cases, such as patients with extensive medical histories or with aggressive, complex tumors.
Dr. Siddiqui is dedicated to providing the highest quality, cutting-edge care to his patients while minimizing the impact that treatment has on their quality of life. He utilizes the newest models DaVinci robots when appropriate for his surgical procedures, but recognizes that when a disease can be managed without surgery or with minimal intervention, these options may be best.
He maintains active research programs testing the use of diet to improve cancer outcomes and the use of imaging to better identify and treat urologic cancers, and he is developing a program investigating approaches such as focal brachytherapy, irreversible electroporation (IRE) and cryotherapy.
He was named a "Top Doctor" in prostate cancer surgery and urology by Baltimore magazine from 2018 through 2021. In 2018, he was chosen as one of Baltimore's Top 40 under 40.
Dr. Siddiqui joined UMMC in 2014 after completing training at MIT, Harvard, and the NIH. He has held leadership roles within the American Urologic Association, American College of Surgeons, the Commission on Cancer, the Society of Basic Urologic Research and the American College of Radiology.
He also has served as a consultant or grant reviewer for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), the Movember Foundation and the Department of Defense. He is a consulting editor for the Nature publication Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases.
Videos: More information about prostate cancer can be viewed in the following videos:
Information about MRI guided prostate biopsy can be seen at:
Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Testicular cancer, Kidney cancer, Adrenal cancer, Robotic Surgery, Prostate focal therapy, Diet and cancer, Urologic oncology, Minimally invasive urologic surgery, MRI Fusion guided prostate biopsy, Magnetic resonance imaging.
- Comparison of MR/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy with ultrasound-guided biopsy for the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Siddiqui MM Rais-Bahrami S Turkbey B George AK Rothwax J Shakir N Okoro C Raskolnikov D Parnes HL Linehan WM Merino MJ Simon RM Choyke PL Wood BJ Pinto PA JAMA 2015 Jan 27
- Urothelial Carcinoma. So C, Siddiqui MM The New England journal of medicine
- Evaluation of Cancer-Specific Mortality with Surgery Versus Radiation as Primary Therapy for Localized High-Grade Prostate Cancer in Men Younger than 60 Years Old. Huang H, Muscatelli S, Naslund M, Badiyan SN, Kaiser A, Siddiqui MM The Journal of urology 2018-07-27
- NBC WBAL Channel 11 evening news. "University of Maryland Medical Center uses new biopsy to detect prostate cancer." · 10/4/2016
- US News Health: MRI Improves Prostate Cancer Biopsy Accuracy, Study Finds - US News · January 27, 2015
University of Maryland Medical Center
University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
Member of UM Faculty Physicians, Inc.
EducationToggle accordion item
Harvard Medical School, 2006
Massachusetts General Hospital, 2012
Massachusetts General Hospital, 2008
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center - Urologic Oncology, 2014
Howard Hughes Medical Institute - Research Fellowship, 2004
American Board of Urology - Urology, 2016