The University of Maryland JiJi NICU Advisory Council
The NICU Advisory Council was created in 2010 as part of our mission for Family Centered Care. The Council is comprised of interdisciplinary NICU staff and former NICU families who work together in an advisory function to collaborate on projects, programs, and activities that will enhance the experience of our NICU families.
The NICU Advisory Council provides input into the development of various family centered programs and family care time. Examples include:
- Development of a Parent Education Series
- Feedback regarding our single family room design NICU
- Creation of new Family Care Guidelines
- Collaboration on the NICU reunions
- Feedback for implementation of a Cuddler Program
- Feedback into the development of the Mother Goose on the Loose Goslings Program, an early language and literacy program for NICU families
- Creation of an Admission to Discharge Binder for families
- Development of a Father's Support Program
- Serving as a Focus Group to provide feedback on family-related NICU research projects
If you would like to learn more about the NICU Advisory Council, please email Christine Byerly at ChristineByerly@umm.edu.