UM Charles Regional Medical Center’s Clinical Ladder provides an opportunity for advancement and leadership for nurses who provide direct care to all patients.
This ladder of performance is for registered nurses with a minimum of two years RN experience and one year of employment at UM CRMC.
Members of the clinical ladder are expected to:
- Fulfill requirements related to professional development, clinical practice, educational preparation and leadership
- Review qualifications for entry into or maintenance in the Clinical Ladder program annually
- Submit a portfolio of formal documentation that delineates successful fulfillment of the required elements
The Clinical Ladder is designed to:
- Encourage nurses to work towards their full potential
- Improve the retention of nurses by providing opportunities for advancement
- Improve patient care through nursing education
- Increase job satisfaction
- Promote leadership through individual professional development
Progression up the Clinical Ladder helps UM CRMC continually serve our community.