Running Center Program
Call for appointment:301-609-5494 301-609-5494
The University of Maryland Charles Regional Running Center provides personalized strength and conditioning programs for runners and walkers of all abilities to improve their physical performance. Physical Therapist Amol Bakre is the center’s running coach and is a Running Performance Enhancement Specialist who evaluates each runner to help them maximize their performance.
An initial assessment leads to a customized running program tailored to each runner. The assessment includes a treadmill gait analysis and a VO2 max measurement, which is the maximum amount of oxygen that someone can utilize during intense exercise. The running program also involves at least two in-person or virtual visits to assess goals and make any necessary plan adjustments.
The Running Center offers the following services:
- Customized training programs for recreational runners looking to finish their first 5k/10k or other challenge.
- One-on-one coaching for athletes looking to improve their performance in the next half-marathon or marathon.
- Running form assessments, cross-training tips and speed and agility drills.
- Tips for injury prevention and footwear modifications.
- Guidance for future running events after program completion.
Running Center programs do not require insurance or a doctor’s referral.
For more information about the Running Center or to schedule your evaluation, call 301-609-5494.
Amol Bakre, PT, MS, OCS, PES
Outpatient Physical Therapist Certified RRCA L-1 Running Coach
Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist