Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
Call for appointment:301-609-5494 301-609-5494
UM Charles Regional Rehabilitation has a designated pelvic floor physical therapist, Sara Hall, to help you improve your pelvic floor dysfunction.
With specific exercises, you can strengthen and improve the coordination of your pelvic floor muscles and change behaviors that limit recovery. Our therapy program can reduce or eliminate incontinence to help you to reach your maximum quality of life.
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pre-natal and post-partum pelvic girdle instability and pain
- Recovery from prostatectomy and urogenital surgery
- Recovery from tearing, episiotomy and Cesarean birth
- Stress and urge urinary incontinence
- Urinary frequency
- Urogenital and pelvic pain
Treatment and Assessment
- Home Programs: exercise, bladder and bowel control techniques, diet
- Manual therapy and soft tissue mobilization
- Modalities: biofeedback, electrical stimulation, ultrasound
- Patient Education
- Posture and body mechanics
- Scar management techniques
- Strength training, stretching, endurance, coordination
Your therapist will determine which of these treatments are appropriate at your evaluation and as you progress through our program.
Please feel free to stop by to meet us and see the clinic before surgery.