Department of Rehabilitation Services - Physical Therapy Residency Application
For more information, please email Program Director, Greg Mesa: email@example.com.
Application to the program is administered through RF-PTCAS.
Applications will be accepted annually and chosen through a competitive process. Candidates should meet these prerequisites to be considered for the residency:
- Graduate from a CAPTE accredited physical therapy program and/or a international physical therapist has a graduate degree from a US-based regionally-accredited program.
- Admission is contingent upon applicant obtaining a Maryland Physical Therapy license prior to start date.
- Comply with all University of Maryland Medical Center employment requirements. To include but are not limited to:
- Successful background check
- TB testing
- Flu vaccination or declination
- CPR certification (from the American Heart Association)
- Submit a letter of application to enter the program along with a current resume or CV
- Complete the application within the approved deadline
- Successful completion of an in-person interview
- TOEFL** (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - If English is not your native/first language, you must meet one of the following language proficiency requirements:
- Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening).
- Computer-based: Minimum score of 213.
Applicants that have successfully completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited US institution do not need to provide a TOEFL score.
Applicants are evaluated on:
- Academic background. Transcripts must be provided.
- Clinical education, internships and mentoring experiences
- Letters of recommendation (at least 3)
- Essay indicating reasons why the candidate wants to be a part of the residency
- Clinical experience in orthopedics
- Research experience and interest
- Have a global perspective of the field of orthopedics
- Successfully completed orthopedic rotations or have clinical experience in this area
- Possess strong problem solving and communication skills