UM Addiction Treatment Center
Phone: 443-462-3400 443-462-3400
1001 W. Pratt St.
Baltimore, MD 21223 Get Directions
At University of Maryland Medical Center we know that addiction is a treatable medical condition. Our providers at the University of Maryland Addiction Treatment Center offer an array of substance abuse treatment services for individuals with alcohol and drug addiction, including heroin, fentanyl and pain pill addictions.
During the coronavirus pandemic we have added resources to our website to help you navigate the difficulty of this time, including information on harm reductions, virtual meetings food and housing.
We accept self-referrals and provider referrals. We will help you regain control of your life.
- M-F, 6:15-10 am
- No appointment needed, but calling ahead is encouraged
Treatment Center Hours
- M-F, 6:15 am-1:30 pm
We're accessible by public transportation, including the MTA and Charm City Circulator. If you're taking the Circulator bus route, follow the orange line to the West Pratt Street and South Arlington Avenue bus stop.
Parking is free! Enter off of S. Arlington Avenue, just south of West Pratt Street.
Addiction and Mental Health Services
At this location, our doctors and team provide:
- Intensive outpatient and partial hospitalization services for alcohol dependency and drug addictions
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs including buprenorphine (Suboxone and Sublocade), methadone and naltrexone (Vivitrol).
- Relapse prevention and recovery plans
- Individual and group counseling
- Workforce and community development services
- Treatment services from board-certified addiction specialists, psychiatrists, addiction counselors, peer recovery specialists and social workers
- On-site screening and treatment for hepatitis C
- Primary care and infectious disease treatment for eligible patients
- A nurse case manager to help coordinate preventive and primary medical care in the community.
- Optional opportunities to participate in research studies
- The Drop-In Center, a safe place to meet and enjoy light refreshments while learning recovery resources.
Our Addiction Programs
We will help you determine the best program for you. Our programs include:
Drug Treatment Center
The Drug Treatment Center (DTC) is an opioid treatment program that offers daytime outpatient services.
We form personalized plans with screenings and assessments, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) methods including methadone and Suboxone, overdose and relapse prevention plans, counseling and more.
The DTC also operates a Health Home which serves more than 180 people. The Health Home coordinates and improves access to primary and preventative care services, including hepatitis C treatment, immunizations and more.
The DTC is proud to be West Baltimore's only designated "hub" site in an expanding citywide "hub and spoke" network. As a "hub," our goal is to make access to addiction treatment as easy as possible, both by making our own services accessible and by supporting other physicians and providers in the city as they implement and expand their own addiction treatment capabilities.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program (ADAP)
We offer intensive outpatient and outpatient services for alcohol and substance use disorders through our Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program (ADAP). We provide drug-free and medication-assisted treatments, including monthly injectable naltrexone (Vivitrol) and monthly injectable buprenorphine (Sublocade).
We provide screenings, assessments, individual and group counseling, and discharge plans. We also offer case management and referral assistance.
ADAP is part of the Baltimore Buprenorphine Initiative (BBI) and is closely integrated with DTC, our "hub and spoke" program. As such, we collaborate with the City of Baltimore and local health providers to increase access to treatment.
Deaf Addiction Services at Maryland
Our facility is also the location of the Deaf Addiction Services at Maryland (DASAM). We provide onsite and state-wide services to Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals who need treatment for alcohol and drug addictions. Our staff are fluent in American Sign Language (ASL), and we see all individuals regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
We provide screenings and assessments, intensive and traditional outpatient program services, counseling, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) and case management services to assist with insurance benefits.
Our team at DASAM will help you create a relapse prevention and recovery plan, provide DUI/DWI educational sessions, advocate for your disability rights and much more.