Urgent Care Prices for Self-Pay Patients
At University of Maryland Urgent Care, we understand the last thing you want to worry about when you're not feeling well is the price of an urgent care visit. That's why we introduced Simple Payment Options for patients who are not using health insurance for payment.
What are the Simple Payment Options for Urgent Care?
UM Urgent Care developed three levels of Simple Payment Options for our patients who wish to be self-pay instead of using insurance, each with a fixed fee. We accept all forms of debit cards, credit cards, and personal checks. Your provider will recommend what services you need when he or she is diagnosing and treating your illness or injury.
These Simple Payment Options give you peace of mind knowing that you are going to receive high-quality health care at affordable prices and will not be surprised with any future bills.
Standard Services $175
Tier one services include:
- Clinical exam
- In-house lab tests such as:
- COVID Rapid Antigen Testing
- Oral medications such as:
- Acetaminophen / Ibuprofen / Aspirin
- Suture removal-no ins. / self-pay
- Sutures not done at UM Urgent Care
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections)
- Rapid BV
See additional services menu for send-out labs.
Advanced Services $230
Tier two* services include everything listed under the tier one services plus the services below, if required:
- Any tier one services
- Preoperative exams
- Laceration repair with adhesive or steri-strips
- Eye exam
- Injectable medications
- Therapeutic treatments
- Ear wax removal
- Nebulizer treatment
- Wart removal
Complex Services $300
Tier three* services include everything listed under Tiers One and Two services plus these services below if required:
- Abscess treatment
- Foreign object removal
- Splinting with orthoglass
- DME (splints, braces, crutches)
- Laceration repair with stitches
- Nail repair or removal
(In addition to tiers 1-3):
- Send-out laboratory tests $50 (per test)
- Td vaccine $90
- Tdap vaccine $90
(Do not require tiers 1-3):
- Flu shot $25
- Td or Tdap vaccine $90
- Hepatitis B $110
- eCup 5 panel drug test $50
- xCup 10 panel drug test $60
- BAT $44***
- TB skin test1 or reading from placement elsewhere $45
- 1 view Chest Xray (Positive Skin Test Only) $75
- Follow-up exam $75****
- QuantiFERON blood test $125
- Sports physical student K‑12 $35**
- Adult physical $79
- DOT physical $89
1 Currently unavailable. QuantiFERON testing can be used as an alternative to PPD/TB skin test.
* Tier pricing includes services of previous tiers (example: Tier 3 pricing includes Tier 1, 2, and 3 services).
** This examination is only for the purposes of participation in sports and does not replace your child's annual physical. Please contact your child's pediatrician or primary care provider to complete their annual physical.
*** Services available at select centers.
**** This examination excludes concussion management and is only applicable for follow-up visits for the same complaint within seven (7) days of the first visit. Visits for additional or other complaints within the period are subject to full fees.
When is Payment Due?
Fees will be collected at the time of registration, typically Standard Service. If your provider determines during the course of an exam that a service listed in advanced service or complex service is required, you will pay the additional costs at checkout.
How Can I Pay?
UM Urgent Care accepts all forms of debit cards, credit cards and personal checks.
While payment is expected at the time of services, occasionally patients will be billed later for services. If you receive a bill, you may pay it using our online payment portal.