Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Call for appointment:410-328-5887 410-328-5887
The Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Pediatrics offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children with proven or suspected infections.
Our physicians and professional staff develop and interpret diagnostic evaluations and formulate management plans, including recommendations for antimicrobial therapy. We also evaluate children who have uncertain diagnoses, recurrent or persistent infections, or complicated infections.
- Children with respiratory infections, soft tissue infections, osteomyelitis, septic arthritis
- Children with severe or recurrent Staphylococcus aureus infections
- Infants and children with congenital viral infections
- Hospital follow-up of severe infections
- Children with lymphadenitis
- Children who are ill after international travel
- Children with prolonged or recurrent fever or suspected infectious diseases of unknown cause
- Children with proven or suspected Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and other arthropod-borne illnesses
Travel Medicine Practice
The Travel Medicine Practice offers comprehensive health care, including travel consultations, education, and vaccinations for those planning trips overseas, especially to tropical and subtropical countries and to temperate countries in Eastern Europe and Asia. Services include:
- Vaccinations and other preventive measures against infectious diseases and travel-related illnesses for children and adults traveling outside the U.S.
- Evaluations of infections acquired abroad
- Services to physicians
For additional information, visit Travel Medicine Practice or call the Children's Hospital universal appointment line at 410-328-5887 for an appointment.