Call for appointment:410-328-6749 410-328-6749
The Division of Human Genetics provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and laboratory genetic services to patients of all ages, including a network of statewide outreach clinics. Our team of medical geneticists, including physicians, laboratory specialists and genetic counselors, provides a full range of genetic services to patients of all ages, their families and health care providers.
Services are available to patients and families when a genetic cause or contribution to medical or neurodevelopmental problems is known or suspected, including inborn errors of metabolism, chromosomal disorders, genetic syndromes and genetic contribution to common/complex disease that may present at any age. We provide genetic diagnostic evaluation, clinical monitoring, treatment and management, and genetic counseling in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Board-certified clinical geneticists and laboratory geneticists are on call at all times.
Patient Conditions We Treat
- Genetic disorders
- Birth defects
- Multiple malformation syndromes
- Pregnancy with genetic high-risk factors
- Suspected fetal anomalies
Comprehensive Evaluations for:
- Patients with suspected chromosome abnormalities or malformations
- Patients with a family history of suspected genetic disorder
- Patients with suspected inborn errors of metabolism