Pre-Registration - Operation at UM SJMC
Thank you for pre-registering for your procedure at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. We look forward to fulfilling your health care needs with personal and compassionate care.
- Preregistration by telephone can be done by calling the Patient Access Department at 410-337-1626. The Patient Access staff is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday–Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday.
- Preregistration online can be completed by the online preregistration form. Preregistering for your operation online is convenient and can be done at anytime. Your information will be kept confidential and secure.
Please preregister at least two days prior to your scheduled visit. This allows the staff adequate time to verify and pre-approve your insurance (if applicable). If you are unable to meet this time-frame, preregistration can be completed over the telephone the day prior to your outpatient service(s) by calling the Patient Access department at 410-337-1626.
Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Date of test or procedure
- Demographic information
- Physician order (if applicable)
- Insurance information (on card)
- Complete physician name(s)
- Pre-certification number from insurance company, if applicable
Q & A
Answering your questionsToggle accordion item
We're here to make sure your visit goes smoothly. Please review these common questions patients have.
If you have any unanswered questions, contact us at 410-337-1626.
Do I need to bring my insurance card and photo ID?Toggle accordion item
Yes. The hospital needs a copy of your insurance card to verify coverage and to determine if pre-certification is required. A photo ID is needed to verify your identity.
Do I need to stop by Central Registration when I get to UM St. Joseph?Toggle accordion item
Yes. Upon arrival, Patient Access will obtain all necessary signatures and copies of insurance cards and photo ID. Please arrive at the main entrance of the medical center. You will be greeted and escorted to Central Registration.
How do I obtain a wheelchair when I arrive?Toggle accordion item
Wheelchairs are located at the information desk and/or Central Registration.
How do I pre-register?Toggle accordion item
Pre-registration can be completed two ways for your convenience. Choose one of the following options:
- Complete the Form Online click here.
- Pre-register by telephone. Call the Patient Access department, 410-337-1626.
Is online pre-registration secure?Toggle accordion item
The Patient Access department upholds University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center’s core values by respecting your right to privacy and confidentiality of all patients. The information you submit will be transmitted via secure 128-bit encryption.
What are the office hours to talk to someone about pre-registration?Toggle accordion item
The Patient Access staff is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. - Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Please call the Patient Access department, 410-337-1626.
What is the Medical Secondary Payor Questionnaire (MSP) and why does it need to be completed for each registration?Toggle accordion item
Federal Law requires that providers of medical services to Medicare beneficiaries determine whether or not there is other insurance coverage for the beneficiary that should be billed before a claim is submitted to Medicare. Providers, such as hospitals, must be able to document that they have screened for other insurance coverage by asking the beneficiary questions which will identify if other insurance is available. The Medicare Questionnaire contains all of the necessary questions that need to be asked of the beneficiary to determine if there is other insurance that is primary to Medicare. Accurately completing the Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire ensures expedient payments to providers, as well as compliance with Medicare rules and regulations.
When should I pre-register?Toggle accordion item
Please complete the pre-registration form at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled visit. This allows us adequate time to verify and pre-certify your insurance (if applicable). If you are unable to meet this timeframe, pre-registration can be completed over the telephone prior to your scheduled service(s). Please call the Patient Access department, 410-337-1626.
Why pre-register?Toggle accordion item
When you pre-register, you expedite the registration process which decreases patient wait time. We know your time is valuable!
Questions? Give us a call.
- University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center: 410-337-1000
- Pre-registration: 410-337-1626
- Maternity Pre-Registration: 410-337-3918
- Notice of Privacy Practice: Patient Advocate, 410-337-1560 or the Privacy Officer, 410-337-1163
- Advance Directives: Spiritual Care, 410-337-1109
- Insurance Verification: 410-427-2047
- Financial Assistance: 410-337-3902
- Cashier–To make payment: 410-427-2090
- Precertification: Call your insurance company
Thank you for choosing University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center for your health care needs. We look forward to taking care of you.
The preregistration form is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please call 410-337-1626 if you have any questions or you would like to preregister by phone.