Resources for Journalists
Contact Media Relations:410-337-1705 410-337-1705
The Media Relations Team for University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center looks forward to working with you to tell life-changing stories about our innovations in health and medicine. We offer the following resources to journalists:
- Interviews with world-renowned experts on hundreds of topics in medicine and health
- Patient interviews
- Opportunity for b-roll
- Photography assets including video and photos
Contact media relations and learn about after-hours assistance.
On-Site Visits by News Media
All on-site visits for any purpose, including photography, videography or interviews with patients, their families, staff or physicians must be arranged in advance via the Media Relations Team.
- A member of the Media Relations Team must escort the news media - including any professional photographer, writer or videographer on assignment) at all times when they are at a University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) facility.
- Members of the media who are working on assignment must identify themselves as such to hospital staff. This policy also applies to media attending any UMMS event.
- Photography/videography by the news media at any UMMS facility without prior approval by the Media Relations Team is not permitted.
- The use of UMMS facilities as a backdrop or “location” for photography or videography with or without inclusion of patients or staff requires prior approval.
Updates on Patient Conditions
Please direct inquiries regarding patient conditions to email@example.com.
- Media must provide the correct first and last name of any patient about whom they are inquiring.
- Per federal privacy guidelines, we are able to provide one-word conditions about patients in our care: Critical, Serious, Fair or Good.
- Conditions about minors in our care will not be released unless consent has been granted by the parent or guardian.
UM SJMC on Social
Follow us on social media to have first-hand access to information about new medical treatment options, daily hospital news and community events.