Sedation & Analgesia Guidelines
- Adult Moderate Procedural Sedation - for those non-Emergency Medicine physicians requesting moderate sedation privileges for adults
- Adult Moderate and Deep Procedural Sedation - for Emergency Medicine physicians only who are requesting adult moderate sedation and deep sedation privileges for patients > age 12
- Pediatric Sedation - for pediatric hospitalists, Emergency Medicine physicians and Emergency Medicine CRNPs / PAs who are requesting pediatric sedation privileges for patients 12 years or younger.
- Review the appropriate training module:
- Review the hospital policy: APC 20: Procedural Sedation Analgesia by Non Anesthesia Provider
- Take the appropriate post test. A score of 85% must be achieved to successfully complete the module. The results will be sent automatically to the Medical Staff Office.
Glen J. Hessinger, M.D.
Chief, Department of Anesthesiology