UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute provides interpretation and translation services for patients and visitors whose primary language is not English or for those who experience little or no vision or hearing.
Language Interpretation and Translation
- Access to Telephonic Interpretation with more than 170 languages
- Language Line Service is available upon patient request
Hearing or Sight Impaired Interpretation
- Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is available for sign language interpretation
- TTY (text telephone equipment) is available for hearing impaired
- Certified sign language interpreter
- Maryland Relay may be accessed by dialing 800-735-2258
If you need communication aids or other interpreter services, notify your nurse or speech therapist for assistance.