Pain Management Treatments
Call for appointment:410-448-6824 410-448-6824
Certain injuries or disorders may be improved with one or two treatment modalities. Many, however, require a multi-modal regimen that includes medical procedures and medications, coupled with psychological support and physical therapy, to alleviate pain and its consequences.
Available treatments include:
- Injections of the cervical and lumbar facet joints
- Diagnostic discography
- Percutaneous nucleoplasty
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve blocks
- Selective nerve root injections
- Epidural steroid injections
- Trigger point injections
- Radiofrequency lesioning
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Implantable intrathecal pumps
- Pharmacological management
- Relaxation training
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Psychotherapy and counseling
- Family therapy
Through the use of the Center's expert multidisciplinary team approach, we are able to provide treatment that enables patients to become more productive and improve their quality of life.
For more information or to make an appointment, call the University of Maryland Pain Management Center at 410-448-6824.