Approach to Care - UM Spine Network
Our UM Spine Network experts collaborate on everything from diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation and patient education. Patients benefit from this collective knowledge, receiving a comprehensive care plan that is tailored around their needs. If plans call for additional expertise, patients are seamlessly connected within the network to surgeons who are skilled in highly specialized treatments.
Our surgeons know when to operate, but more importantly, they know when not to operate. With every step, patients receive safe, superior care.
UM Spine Network patients have access to a full range of pediatric and adult spine care, including:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical technology
- Artificial spinal disc replacement (disc arthroplasty)
- Computer-assisted, image-guided systems for spinal reconstruction
- Innovative and minimally invasive procedures for Thoracolumbar and Cervical Spinal Disorders
- Non-surgical treatments
- Spinal Injections
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Nutrition, social and support services
- Spine education
- Clinical trials
- Complementary medicine