Gastroenterologists diagnose, treat and prevent disorders of the digestive system, which includes the esophagus, gallbladder, stomach, small intestine and colon. Our specialists provide medical, surgical and diagnostic services for all disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including:
- Colon, pancreatic and stomach cancers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Our specialists can identify risk factors for these and other conditions, and offer treatment options such as:
- Surgery: Usually to treat dysplasia (precancerous changes to cells in the esophagus) and cancers. Many procedures can be done using minimally invasive techniques.
- Endoscopic ablation: abnormal esophagus lining is destroyed and healthy tissue is allowed to grow in its place.
- Behavioral modifications: For patients experiencing reflux, small changes to your behavior can lessen or completely cure symptoms. Our team can also provide consultation on the types of foods that can worsen reflux.
Partnered with UM Shore Regional Health, UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center and UMMC Midtown Campus, and with offices in Easton, Glen Burnie and Baltimore, our team is easily-accessible when you need us.