Thoracic Surgery: What You Need to Know
Call for appointment:410-328-6366 410-328-6366
If the thoracic surgeon determines you are a candidate for surgery, and you agree to proceed, you will need to come to Baltimore for your procedure. You should expect the following:
- Be able to travel to University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) in Baltimore, Maryland.
- After surgery, you will remain in the hospital (the length of time depends on your surgery) and be cared for by our thoracic surgery team in our award-winning, specialized, thoracic nursing unit.
- You may need to stay in Baltimore for several more days after being discharged from UMMC. This ensures that you can attend a follow-up appointment with the thoracic surgery team. Our concierge services team can assist you in planning your stay in Baltimore.
- We collaborate with your physicians at home so that they:
- Are aware of what surgical procedure you had at UMMC
- Can help manage your long-term, follow-up care
To schedule an appointment in-person with a thoracic surgeon at UMMC, call 410-328-6366.