Flow Cytometry Shared Service
Director: Xiaoxuan Fan, PhD
The University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Shared Services, (UMGCCC FCSS, offers equipment and technical expertise to the entire campus, as well as outside clients in conducting research in all areas of basic and applied biomedical sciences.
Impact to the Cancer Center
- Provide state-of-the-art instrumentation for flow cytometry sample acquisition, data analysis, and high-throughput sample acquisition using five analyzers
- Three instruments from Becton Dickinson LSRII cytometer equipped with a high-throughput sampler, and FACSCanto II, and BD Accuri C6
- The AURORA Cytometer from Cytek
- Amnis Flow Imaging Cytometer with autosampler.
- Perform high-speed, sterile, and single-cell fluorescence cell sorting. A dedicated space for FACSAria II Cell Sorter. Also, an NIH-approved bioBUBBLE Benchtop Biocontainment Enclosure on the cytometer. This makes the FCSS fully compliant with NIH guidelines for enhanced BSL-2-lefel sorting of human cells, nonhuman primate cells, and retrovirus- or lentivirus- infected samples.
- Provide training on analytical instrumentation for sample acquisition and access to analyzers and software for data analysis.
- Offer UMGCCC members educational resources, consultation, and training opportunities to increase their ability to more effectively integrate flow cytometry methodologies into their research programs.
Bressler Research Building
655 West Baltimore Street
- Xiaoxuan Fan, PhD, Director
- Karen F. Underwood, BS, Research Lead Specialist
- Bryan Hahn, BS, Laboratory Research Technician