What to Expect at the ER:
Our priority is to treat each person in our emergency rooms as fully, safely and quickly as possible. We see patients based on how serious their conditions are. Patients are not seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more about what to expect at the ER.
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Emergency Department is made up of board-certified doctors, nurses and technicians who have received advanced training in emergency care. They treat a wide range of serious illness and injuries.
Conditions treated at the Emergency Department include:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing problems
- Child, spouse or elder abuse
- Cuts, punctures, bites
- Drug overdose or poisoning
- Heart problems, including chest or arm pain
- Infant illness
- Loss of consciousness or seizure
- Mental health problems, such as hallucinations, threat or suicide attempt, or other change in mental status
- Rape, assault or other injury sustained during a violent crime
- Severe burns
- Severe dizziness
- Stomach or chest pain
- Stroke symptoms
Think you might need urgent care instead?