Sexuality and Intimacy During Cancer Treatment
Being diagnosed and treated for cancer interrupts your life. Some people feel that they lose different aspects of their lives, even sexuality and closeness.
You may no longer feel that you have the energy or time to be intimate. But maintaining close contact with a loved one can be an important part of coping with your treatment.
Here are a few suggestions on keeping close:
- Hold hands, hug and snuggle.
- Remind your partner of your love with written notes or messages.
- Massage each other.
- Find ways to laugh together.
- Stay active. Exercise or yoga will help with fatigue.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Give yourself positive affirmations.
Find additional information in Sexuality and Intimacy During Cancer Treatment.