Cancer Research Training Programs
NIH-funded Institutional Training Programs support predoctoral and postdoctoral research under the mentorship of UMGCCC faculty.
The NIH NCI funded Training Program in Cancer Biology (NIH/NCI T32CA154274) provides an interactive and stimulating academic environment for pre-doctoral students, postdoctoral PhD trainees and physician-scientists focused on multidisciplinary basic and translational research focused on cancer biology, therapy and prevention.
UMGCCC faculty also participate in additional cancer-related NIH T32 training programs including:
- Meyerhoff Training Program: Expanding Participation by Minorities in Biomedical Sciences (NIH/NIGMS R25 GM055036)
- Immunity and Infection (NIH/NIAID T32 AI007540)
- Vascular Biology Training Program (NIH/NHLBI T32 HL007698)
- Research Training in Gastroenterology (NIH/NIDDK T32 DK067872)
- Research Training in the Epidemiology of Aging (NIH/NIDDK T32 DK067872)
- Fellowship Training Program in Vaccinology (NIH/NIAID T32 AI007524)
- Training Program in Oral & Craniofacial Biology
- UM-IHV AIDS International Training and Research Program in Nigeria (NIH/FIC D43 TW001041)
- Training Program in Nigeria for Non-Communicable Disease Research (NIH/FIC D43 TW009106)
- African Collaborative Center for Microbiome and Genomics Research (NIH/NHGRI U54 HG006947)