The Gynecologic Oncology team specializes in cancers of the reproductive tract – specifically uterine/endometrial, vaginal and vulvar. We provide comprehensive care to women with pre-malignant conditions, complex gynecologic problems and gynecologic cancers. Our team takes a multidisciplinary approach to care. This means an entire team of oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, genetic counselors, social workers and dieticians all work together to develop individualized care plans.
We treat an array of gynecologic conditions including but not limited to the following:
- Preinvasive and invasive cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Uterine Sarcoma
- Established or suspected ovarian cancer
- Preinvasive and invasive vulvar disease
- Breast cancer patients receiving Tamoxifen
- Familial ovarian cancer
Our team offers a variety of unique, leading-edge therapy options – including access to many clinical trials that can help advance the treatment of cancer. Here are some of the key services we provide:
- Evaluation and treatment for patients at high genetic risk of gynecologic malignancies, including cancer screenings.
- Radical and minimally invasive/robotic surgeries
- Reconstructive and fertility-sparing surgeries
- Chemotherapy and targeted drugs
- Advanced radiation therapies delivered either internally or externally. This includes Thermal Therapy, which essentially applies heat to recurrent gynecologic cancers to help boost the effectiveness of concurrent treatments. At this time, we are the only center in the Baltimore/Washington region to offer this type of therapy.
- Long-term survivorship care to help manage cancer or treatment-related problems months to years after treatment completion.
Schedule a consultation: Please call us at 410-328-2076 to make an appointment.