Cancer Research Programs
The University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC) is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center. We maintain an interactive, multidisciplinary research program -- consisting of both clinical and basic research investigators -- focusing on the rapid transfer of knowledge from the laboratory to the clinic. Our goal is to take advantage of discoveries in basic cancer biology in conjunction with clinical research to:
- Develop and apply innovative cancer treatment and prevention strategies
- Describe the molecular mechanisms underlying specific clinical phenotypes and behaviors
- Apply these discoveries and strategies to the Maryland community and beyond, with a specific focus on cancer disparities
Comprehensive Research Programs:
- Experimental Therapeutics Program
- Hormone Responsive Cancers Program
- Molecular and Structural Biology Program
- Population Science
- Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy Program
Our research is conducted in several laboratories at the University of Maryland Medical School and within the cancer center's laboratories and clinics in the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Becoming a UMGCCC Investigator
- Cancer Center Membership Guidelines
- Cancer Center Membership Application
(You are downloading a PDF with modifiable fields. If you are unable to enter type into the fields, try downloading again from a different web browser or download the application in Word.)
- Biographical Sketch Form (required for application)
- Completed membership applications and bio sketches should be emailed to Robert Mitchell, Associate Director for Administration.
Several Shared Services provide support and facilitate specialized research activities for all UMGCCC investigators.
See our Clinical Investigator Handbook (PDF).
UMGCCC is currently conducting more than 300 clinical trials. Search our database of clinical trials by disease site, treatment type, investigator or study number for information.
University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
Research Administration, N9E17
22 S. Greene Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201