Stoler Center for Advanced Medicine
Construction of the new Stoler Center for Advanced Medicine has started. The UMMC north entrance is closed due to construction.
Where to Park: Garage and Valet Updates
About the Stoler Center
The Roslyn and Leonard Stoler Center for Advanced Medicine—the new home of UMGCCC—will provide state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient cancer services to meet the increasing demands for cancer care well into the future.
With six floors dedicated to cancer care, the new Center will offer more private room options, updated technology for evaluation and treatment, exclusive bone marrow transplant and cellular therapy space, healing garden and modern waiting areas, and an all-new entrance for the University of Maryland Medical Center.
With 198,000 square feet of new space and 42,000 square feet of renovated space in the medical center, the building will double the cancer center's footprint. Construction began in 2022 with completion expected in late 2026. Watch a video detailing the building project.
Collaborative Team Design
With input from over 100 staff members from across all departments, as well as from patients, facilities design experts and engineers, the Stoler Center's design boasts state-of-the-art innovations. Watch a video about the building planning process.
North Entrance Closure - 5/23/23The UMMC north entrance on Greene Street is closed. The hospital’s South entrance is now the main entrance for the three years of construction.
- The new temporary main entrance (South Entrance) is on the corner of Greene and Lombard Streets (where the Heart of Baltimore statue is located). Valet services are located 600 W. Lombard Street.
- Open Monday – Friday, from 5 am – 9 pm, the South Entrance will be staffed by Security and Guest Services. This entrance is intended for patients and visitors (care partners), but staff will have badge access outside of those hours
- Patients and care partners (visitors) will be expected to check in with Guest Services, who will direct you to your next location
- Wheelchairs and escorts will be available at this entrance
Due to construction, Patient Registration is currently located near the north entrance, across from Au Bon Pain.
- All food deliveries and catering orders should be delivered to the loading dock between Arch and Redwood Streets to avoid congestion.
Free shuttle service to transport patients from building to building is available by calling the information desk at 410-328-5473 or 8-5473 from any in-house phone for assistance.
- Infusion Center moves beginning April 29, 2023 until construction is complete
- The Stoler clinic and Katz pharmacy will remain in their current locations for the time being
- North entrance closes and major construction begins on May 23, 2023
- South entrance becomes the primary entrance for patients and visitors
- Begin construction of the new employee entrance on Greene Street
- The Roslyn and Leonard Stoler Center for Advanced Medicine opens
*Expected dates, but subject to change
Make a Donation
To fund the construction of the Roslyn and Leonard Stoler Center for Advanced Medicine, UMMC launched the Building for Life Campaign. This extraordinary effort is set to raise $55 million for this state-of-the-art patient tower that will become the new home of UMGCCC and forever change the face of the medical campus.
The Building for Life Campaign also supports the advancement of clinical care, patient support services, research, training, and education within the cancer center.