For more information call:410-337-1349 410-337-1349
Cancer and cancer treatment can affect your life and limit your ability to function in many important ways, making daily actions we take for granted, such as eating, talking and moving comfortably, difficult or impossible.
The UM St. Joseph Outpatient Rehabilitation Institute offers specialized treatment and support for patients who are coping with cancer or the after-effects of cancer treatment, including:
- Speech or swallowing difficulties, and more
Rehabilitation Care for Cancer Patients
Our expert Rehabilitation team offers the following services to support cancer patients and survivors:
- Lymphedema Management, to reduce the effects of this common and painful condition
- Meet Lymphedema Therapist Christine Hudacek to learn how physical therapy and education can help prevent and ease this and other conditions
- Speech-Language Therapy, to improve patients’ ability to swallow, eat and speak
- Meet Speech-Language Pathologist Melissa Arasz and learn how her work with cancer patients significantly affects their quality of life
- Physical Therapy, to improve physical endurance and increase energy levels
To make an appointment or for more information, call 410-337-1349.