Call for appointment:410-448-6383 410-448-6383
The Limb Loss and Amputee Rehabilitation Program at the University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (UM Rehab) is here to guide you on your path to recovery so you can achieve your full potential.
We offer both inpatient and outpatient services to help you gain the knowledge, strength and confidence needed to navigate your new life.
Our services extend beyond just physical issues, such as wound care and prosthetics, or physical and occupational therapies. We help you to the new life that comes with losing a limb, offering support groups as well as activities like adapted sports.
Your Recovery Team
Our experts work closely with you, your family and caregivers throughout the entire rehabilitation process. Our clinical experts include:
- Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Certified rehabilitation nurses
- Case managers
- Physical, occupational, recreational and respiratory therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Clinical dietitians
- Certified orthotic and prosthetic practitioners