What to expect on your first visit
- You or your physician will call for an appointment.
- Bring all medications you are currently taking, including over the counter medications and a list of allergies, with you on your first visit.
- Bring insurance information for verification.
- Our team of physicians and nurses will evaluate your wound, health and medical history including x-rays if you have them.
- Tests may be conducted to determine blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to indicate if there is any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we’ll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your individual needs.
Your role in healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You’ll learn to care for your wound at home and how to protect yourself from further injuries. The staff at the Wound Healing Center is available to answer questions and give you the support you need.