Imaging Services - Inpatient
The imaging department at UM Charles Regional Medical Center uses the latest imaging services to create pictures of internal anatomy to diagnose and treat a full range of medical diseases and conditions. Our board-certified radiologists and highly skilled technologists rely on advanced equipment and systems to provide the following radiology services:
- Barium Enema - Used to diagnose disorders of the large intestine, colon, and rectum;
- Barium Swallow - Used to evaluate the esophagus for tumors, strictures or other abnormalities;
- Barium X-rays - Also called upper and lower GI series, are used to diagnose abnormalities of the gastrointestinal tract;
- CT Scan (computed tomography) - A simple, safe, painless examination to show abnormalities that do not normally show up on conventional x-rays;
- Fluoroscopy - A form of diagnostic radiology that enables the radiologist, with the aid of a contrast agent, to visualize the organ or area of concern via x-ray;
- Mammography - Screening and diagnostic imaging of the breast;
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) - Highly refined images of the body's interior without surgery by using strong magnets and pulses of radio waves.
- Nuclear Medicine - A small amount of radioactive material is injected through a pharmaceutical agent, to evaluate the heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, or bone;
- Small Bowel Series - Used to evaluate the small intestines for transit time, obstructions and polyps.
- Ultrasound - Ultrasonography, sometimes called sonography uses high-frequency sound waves and a computer to create images of blood vessels, tissues, and organs;
- Upper GI Series - Used to diagnose disorders of the stomach such as tumors, ulcers and strictures.
A physician referral is required for most diagnostic testing. For further information on referrals, please call 301-609-4170.
To schedule an appointment, please call 301-609-4413.
UM Charles Regional Medical Center also provides a full spectrum of minimally invasive techniques for correcting problems in the arteries. Through new technology, skilled physicians, and a commitment to a high standard of care, we work to improve your quality of life. Our latest equipment allows us to offer the following techniques:
For more information on interventional radiology services at UM Charles Regional's imaging department, please call 301-609-4170. You will need a physician's order prior to scheduling services.
- UM Charles Regional Medical Center
5 Garrett Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646