How to Get the COVID Vaccine
This location is vaccinating ages 18 and older. For locations vaccinating ages 12 and up, click here.
UMMS and its affiliated hospitals are working with the State to vaccinate Marylanders according to the state's plan.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free, whether you have insurance or not.
- Vaccination is by appointment only, we cannot accept walk-ins.
UM Charles Regional Medical Center
5 Garrett Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
At this location we are vaccinating people age 18 and up.
According to the state's vaccine distribution plan, all Marylanders age 12 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. To find a vaccination location for age 12 and older, visit UMMS Vaccination Locations by Age.
Choosing Your Vaccination Date
Keep in mind that you cannot be vaccinated:
- Until 10 days after receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis
- If you have an active COVID-19 infection at the time of your appointment
- If you have received monoclonal or polyclonal antibody infusion or convalescent plasma within the past 90 days
Schedule an Appointment
If you are 18 years of age or older, click the button below to make a vaccination appointment at UM Charles Regional Medical Center.
You will be linked to a page with a scheduling calendar. If no appointments are currently available, please check back, as new appointments are being added regularly. (Note: This form may not be compatible with your version of Internet Explorer or Edge.)
At Your Appointment
Please keep in mind:
- Proof of appointment (printed or electronic) will be required at your appointment.
- Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Come to your first appointment prepared to schedule the appointment for your second dose, if required, before leaving the vaccination location.