Head and neck cancers are complex conditions requiring the coordinated work of a team of experienced specialists. That's why the UM Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMGCCC) offers a Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Clinic.
All specializing in head and neck cancer but trained in range of medical disciplines, the clinic's team includes:
- Radiation oncologists
- Medical oncologists
- Oncology nurse navigator who coordinates patient care
- Speech-language pathologists
Benefits of the Multidisciplinary Approach
In one combined office visit,you have the opportunity to meet with the surgeon, radiation oncologist, medical oncologist and oncology nurse navigator.
- Our physicians review each person's case and offer same-day recommendations
- Multidisciplinary clinic appointments are set up to ensure that you have time to ask questions to all members of the team. They conclude with an oncology nurse navigator going over the treatment plan.
- Oncology nurse navigators also coordinate your support services, as needed, to ensure each person is supported at all phases of care. Our oncology nurse navigator will help you coordinate the services of all our support services, which might include speech-language pathology, oncology social worker and a registered dietician.
Contact the Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Clinic
New patients are seen at our ENT - Head and Neck Surgery Clinic and are often evaluated at the Multidisciplinary Clinic when their treatment plan calls for it.
If you are a new patient, please visit Locations and Appointments for more information.
UMGCCC Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Clinic
James Frenkil Building
16 S. Eutaw St., Ste 400
Baltimore, MD 21201