At the UM Charles Regional Infusion Center, we provide state-of-the art infusion therapy to clinically appropriate patients. We offer personalized patient education and training and experienced nurses trained in administering IV therapy.
The UM Charles Regional Infusion Center is conveniently located on the first floor of UM Charles Regional Medical Center in La Plata next to One North.
Infusion therapies today include the traditional therapies along with new, innovative techniques that utilize intravenous lines for the delivery of the product. We work with a diverse patient population including:
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy for cancer
- Individuals taking medication for pain management
- Patients requiring intravenous antibiotics
- Patients requiring pamidronate for bone loss
- Neuro-patients requiring Solu-Medrol
- IVIG for immunosuppression
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
- Blood transfusions, vascular access device care and blood draw
- Other patients requiring intravenous treatments
A physician's order is needed prior to scheduling an appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please call 301-609-4039.
Prior lab work done within 24-72 hours can be faxed or sent with the patient to their appointment. Our fax number is 301-934-1798.