At the UM Charles Regional Infusion Center, we provide state-of-the art infusion therapy to clinically appropriate patients. We offer personalized patient education and training and experienced nurses trained in administering IV therapy.
Location, Amenities and Hours
The UM Charles Regional Infusion Center is conveniently located on the first floor of UM Charles Regional Medical Center in La Plata next to One North. We provide a relaxed, comfortable setting for the administration of therapies. Patients also have access to television and a DVD/VCR for their viewing pleasure. Center hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm and Wednesday 8 am – 12 pm by appointment.
Infusion therapies today include the traditional therapies along with new, innovative techniques that utilize intravenous lines for the delivery of the product. We work with a diverse patient population including:
- Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Individuals taking medication for pain management
- Patients requiring intravenous antibiotics
- Patients requiring pamidronate for bone loss
- Neuro-patients requiring Solu-Medrol
- IVIG for immunosuppression
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
- Blood transfusions, vascular access device care and blood draw
- Other patients requiring intravenous treatments
A physician’s order is needed prior to scheduling an appointment. To schedule an appointment please call 301-609-4039. Fax number is 301-934-1798. Prior lab work done within 24-72 hours can be faxed or sent with the patient to their appointment.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – 12 pm