Brain Tumor Conditions
Call for appointment:410-328-6034 410-328-6034
The University of Maryland Medical Center Brain Tumor Treatment and Research Center success relies on an efficiently coordinated team of specialists who provide compassionate care.
We diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Glioma & Glioblastoma – The most common type of primary brain tumor, gliomas develop from glial cells. Glioblastoma tumors are aggressive and highly malignant
- Meningioma – Often benign, these tumors start in thin tissues that cover the brain and spinal cord
- Metastatic Brain Tumor – These tumors grow in the brain but originate from other parts of the body outside of the central nervous system
- Pineal Tumors – Pineal tumors start from normal cells in the pineal gland, an endocrine gland located in the center of the brain that secretes hormones like melatonin
- Pituitary Adenoma – These noncancerous tumors form in the pituitary gland and grow slowly
- Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma – This type of cancer starts in the brain or spinal cord’s white blood cells
- Vestibular Schwannoma (Acoustic Neuroma) – These noncancerous tumors grow slowly and can affect your hearing and balance
No matter your condition, we have a range of brain tumor treatments available.