Find a Doctor FAQs
How do I update my online profile?Toggle accordion item
If you are new to UMMS, please fill out a Find a Doctor - New Profile Form. To make updates to an existing profile, fill out a Find a Doctor - Profile Update Form.
Why were these changes made to the Find a Doctor website?Toggle accordion item
In early 2018, the University of Maryland Medical System's websites were updated to reflect a new, cohesive system site with an easier user experience. Our end goal for this project is to compile one source-of-truth document to ensure that all UMMS physician profile information is up-to-date.
One of the features of the new site is condensing individual doctor profiles from each unique hospital Find a Doctor website into one consistent profile. For example, previously if Dr. Smith practiced at UM BWMC, UM CMG and UMMC, she could have different information on each profile. With this process, Dr. Smith now has one profile reflecting practice locations for each hospital, removing the possibility of having different information on multiple profiles.
What is the source for the data on my profile?Toggle accordion item
The Find a Doctor profile data is being updated via two sources:
- MDStaff: There is a daily feed coming directly from MDStaff. This data is credentialed, vetted and managed by our Medical Staff Office. This data includes name, gender, languages, degrees, affiliations, education, certifications, and specialties. Any request to update this data is sent to the appropriate Medical Staff Services staff member.
- Marketing: The profile image, preferred name, videos, title, About the Provider (Professional statement), and locations are managed by the marketing team. Any request to update this data is sent to the appropriate marketing department.
I requested a change to my profile, but the change has not been made. Why?Toggle accordion item
If you requested a change to credentialing data (such as changing my specialties, education, specifications or certifications), it may take longer to verify.
If you have a question you may contact the following Medical Staff Office (MSO):
- UM BWMC - Richard Hackett, email@example.com
- UM Charles Regional - Stephanie Simm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UMMC - Allison Andrus, email@example.com, or Brad Lansinger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Adams, email@example.com
- UM SJMC - Kathy Maher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM Shore Regional Health - Kim Billingslea, email@example.com or Tori Wilmer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM Rehab - Michele Brown, email@example.com
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center - Patti Gilcher, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Katie McCardell email@example.com.
If a location can't be verified, or a biography is off brand, it may be delayed. For questions in regard to marketing fields such as profile image, biography, or locations, you may contact the following marketing team members:
- UM BWMC – Luci Mazzullo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM Charles – email@example.com
- UMMC – firstname.lastname@example.org
- UMMC Midtown Campus – Angela Jackson, email@example.com
- UM SJMC – Mary Ann Hodes, MaryAnnH@umm.edu
- UM Shore Regional – Jamie Marvel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM Rehab - email@example.com
- UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center – Brian Trantules, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UM CMG - email@example.com
I had a profile on the old website, but not on the new site. Why?Toggle accordion item
A decision was made by the UMMS Find a Doctor Workgroup to exclude inpatient providers who do not take appointments (i.e., Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Radiology, Pathology) from Find a Doctor. If you think that you have been mistakenly excluded, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why aren't all of my degrees and suffixes listed after my name?Toggle accordion item
Degrees are pulled in directly from MDStaff. It is an MDStaff best practice to only list clinical degrees.If you want to add non-clinical degrees to your profile please submit a Find a Doctor - Profile Update Form.
I have a link to direct appointment scheduling. Can I add it to my profile?Toggle accordion item
A field for appointment scheduling is available and can be added as a link. If you want to participate in online open scheduling, please submit the Find a Doctor Change Request Form. If you have any questions, or want to learn more about open scheduling, please contact Deb Daugherty at Debbiedaugherty@umm.edu.
If you are affiliated with UM Upper Chesapeake, please contact your Everseat associate, or learn more.
How are the Find a Doctor search result rankings determined?Toggle accordion item
Search result rankings are randomly displayed.