Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Here at UMMC, we have a commitment to advancing the practice of nursing, In turn, we hope that our efforts inspire new graduate nurses, like you, to draw on strengths you never imagined. You'll find UMMC has the dynamic, cutting-edge environment you need to excel. We are very familiar with the needs and difficulties faced by new graduate nurses as they undergo role transition in their first year of practice. As a result, we have incorporated a 12-month Nurse Residency Program (NRP) designed to build upon knowledge and skills obtained in previous undergraduate learning and during your unit based individualized orientation. Core curriculum topics include:
- Critical thinking
- Patient safety-minimizing risk
- Evidence-based practice
- Professional development
Benefits of our program include but are not limited to:
- Participating in orientation that provides education, mentorship, and peer support
- Engaging with a mentor to help identify and achieve short- and long-term goals on your journey to becoming a confident, professional nurse
- Developing effective clinical judgment and critical thinking skills
- Becoming empowered to improve and lead through evidence-based practice and research
- Encouragement to embrace a healthy work environment that promotes
Our program is designed to give you the tools you need to succeed up through and well beyond your first year as a nurse. We will give you the knowledge needed to advance your career within our organization. UMMC also invest in your professional growth through tuition benefits offerings. Not to mention, we are close in proximity to nationally ranked nursing institutions of your choosing.
In addition, because UMMC is located in bustling downtown Baltimore, you'll enjoy a lifestyle rich in its variety of outdoor recreation opportunities, world-class arts and entertainment, sports and more.
If this sounds like the nursing career, and the life you were dreaming of, take your first step. We hope to see you soon!