Interview and Travel Information - Internal Medicine Residency
As you plan your trip to the University of Maryland, here is some information.
- Registration starts at 7:45 AM in the Woodward Conference Room. Your day will end by 1:45 PM.
- Once you have confirmed your interview date, browse our web site to learn more about the program and things to do in Baltimore during your visit.
- Recommended nearby hotels include Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, Days Inn Inner Harbor, Hampton Inn Downtown Convention Center, Holiday Inn Inner Harbor and Sheraton Inner Harbor. Some hotels offer a discounted rate for applicants, so mention that you are interviewing at the University of Maryland when booking your room. Rather than using their web site, you would have to call to inquire about special rates.
- Join our residents for relaxing and informative dinner at 6:30 PM the evening before your interview at a Baltimore restaurant. We will email you specific information once your interview is confirmed.
- If arriving by car, we will pay for your parking when you park in the Grand Garage on the day of your interview.
- A campus map is provided that shows the location of the Grand Garage and front entrance to the hospital.
To drive directly to the Grand Garage, direct your GPS to 5 North Paca Street (21201). The University of Maryland Medical Center (22 South Greene Street) is easy to reach from Interstates 95, 97, 70 and 83 and the Baltimore Beltway, I-695. View more directions information.
Parking at the Grand Garage
- On the morning of your interview, park in the Grand Garage at 5 North Paca Street just north of Baltimore Street. Bring your parking ticket with you so we can validate it.
- We can only pay for your parking in the Grand Garage.
- Do NOT park in the Plaza Garage (underground garage for patients across the street from UMMC).
Walking directions from the Grand Garage to UMMC
- Exit the Grand Garage.
- Turn left on Paca Street (south toward Camden Yards).
- Make your first right on Baltimore Street and cross Greene Street. The main entrance of the hospital will be visible straight ahead on your left.
Directions to the Woodward Conference Room for Registration
- Come to the main entrance of the University of Maryland Medical Center at 22 South Greene Street.
- Check in at the security desk and receive a wrist band. Take the main elevators in the lobby (North Hospital) to the third floor.
- When you exit the elevator, turn toward the main corridor and then turn right.
- The Woodward Conference Room (N3E05) is about 50 feet down the hall on your right.