Postmatch Processes - Residency Coordinators
Residency Coordinator Orientation Training: This page contains all of the onboarding instructions and forms for the incoming residents and fellows reviewed during the annual coordinator training.
ID Badge Service (Hospital)
Security ID Badges
- Badges made at Security Service Center, NBE47
- Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
To apply for a badge, complete the appropriate Security ID Application below. A picture ID is required.
- Employee ID Badge (residents and fellows other than Pediatric and OB/GYN)
- Women's & Children's ID Badge (Pediatrics and OB/GYN)
For information, call 8-1329 or email the Badge Office.
Security ID Badges are to be worn conspicuously displayed at all times while in the Medical System Buildings. Wear the badge on the upper part of your body where others can easily see it.
Unauthorized use of Medical Center ID Security Badges may result in Corrective Action or revocation of the badge.
The Security ID Badge may not be loaned, transferred, or used by anybody other than the person who is pictured and named on the badge.
You are responsible for replacing your badge if it is missing or damaged.
The replacement cost for a badge is $15, effective July 1, 2009.
A new picture will be required for all new badges issued if the existing picture is more than three (3) years old.
Security ID Badges are the property of the University of Maryland Medical Center and must be surrendered to the Medical Center upon termination, end of contract, or when requested by Medical Center management.
- March 1st: Margo will email Coordinators for preferred training dates
- March 15th: Match Day!
- March 29th: Training date preferences due from Coordinators to Margo
- Programs must train together as a group. This helps the trainers and trainees!
- April 1st: Margo will email blank sign-up sheet for trainings to Coordinators in an excel spreadsheet form.
- April 30th: Completed sign-up sheet due to Margo from Coordinators
- April 30th: Coordinators will ensure that an Access Form has been submitted on behalf of each trainee. NEW ELECTRONIC PROCESS!
- May 15th: Margo will email finalized schedule to all Coordinators
- Before May 30th: Maureen will email her Master Spreadsheet to Lawson for new hire accounts to be created. Lawson will create new hire accounts for all trainees. Lawson creates UMMS U Learning Management System accounts for all new hires.
- As Soon as UMMS U accounts are Created: Andrea will schedule EPIC training for all new hires in UMMS U
Scrub Access/ Lab Coats
The Scrub Access Form, the process for requesting linens, ordering lab coats, and the current policy on Hospital Owned Scrubs can be found on the Linen page. Each resident gets 2 lab coats and 2 sets of scrubs..