Department of Veterans Affairs
- Instructions for Dynamic Onboarding
- Official 2022-2023 VAMHCS Consolidated Onboarding Document - Credentialing Packet
- Application Materials are contained in ONE document called the Consolidated On-boarding Document
- When the document indicates it is VALID the trainee must print and sign the document where the blue stars are located and then it is to be submitted to the VA On-Boarding Specialist.
- Application Materials go to your VA Program Coordinator
- All U.S. males and immigrant males must have registered for the selective service (Verify Registration | Selective Service System : Selective Service System (sss.gov))
- Trainees should have evidence of COVID Vaccination/booster
- If you have a question or are otherwise uncertain you may contact Dr. Linda Keldsen, Director Academic Affiliations at Linda.Keldsen@va.gov or at 443-472-1193
- Fingerprinting - Ms. Sallie Herndon (Sallie.Herndon@va.gov) is the dedicated scheduler for all fingerprinting and badging appointments for incoming trainees.
- Trainees will receive an email or telephone call from her requesting their availability and she will schedule them in the new SharePoint Portal.
- TMS Training - New AND returning residents must complete the VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees Initial or Refresher course every 365 days at the VA. This training must be completed for computer access during their rotation, and to generate VA e-mail for the Trainee. Access to the training can be obtained at: https://www.tms.va.gov/secureauth35/ and can be done from anywhere.
- CPRS Training - Many services require specific CPRS (Computerized Patient Record System) access. Please contact VAMHCS Clinical Informatics Department to schedule CPRS training
- TQCVL Template - Submit the completed template of departmental letterhead
- Place on school letterhead
- Complete list of all trainees who MIGHT rotate at the VA
- List start and stop dates for the clinical rotation
- Identify all trainees who are not U.S. Citizens
- Indicate that male trainees have registered for Selective Service or are exempt
- Have physical signature of school's authorized representative
- If you have a trainee with Visa status, kindly submit a copy of the Visa when submitting the TQCVL
- Please submit the TQCVL when submitting your trainee(s)' paperwork, to:
**If new Trainees join your cohort who were not on the original TQCVL, please send an updated TQCVL to Ms. Federline as soon as the change is noted. Failure to do so may result in the trainee not being protected by the Federal Tort Claim Act and may result in delayed or inaccurate reimbursement for the trainee's time.
- VA Random Drug Screen (informational)
- PIV Credential Identity Verification (informational)
- Access to Educational Resources:
- Have Trainees access our Trainee Orientation Handbook from a VA computer: https://vaww.visn5.portal.va.gov/sites/VAMHCS/ACOS-Education/Resident%20and%20Trainee%20Information/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- Have Trainees access Education & Academic Affairs SharePoint from a VA Computer: Education & Academic Affairs (sharepoint.com)
- Review the entire VA Presentation.