Lab Coats and Scrub Access
The Linen Services Department manages the distribution and collection of all hospital linens, lab coats and laundered scrubs. All inpatient units are stocked at a minimum of once a day, and outpatient clinics are stocked when in operation.
Location: SGA-37 South Hospital, Ground Floor, A-Wing, Room 37 (Next to Rotunda Elevators)
Hours of Operation: 7 days a week/24 hours
Lab Coat Service
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm
To request a NEW lab coat (*We can ONLY accept online orders)
Password: UMMC (all caps)
*Note: Chrome & Firefox browsers work best with vendor's site.
Please note the following:
- All required fields must be completed
- There is a limit to the number of characters per line
- The requester is responsible to ensure proper spelling
- There is a 2 coat limit over a rolling 12 month period
- Please allow 3 weeks for coats to be delivered
To request a lab coat to be CLEANED:
- Place lab coat in the hamper, just inside the department, to the right.
- Lab coats will be available for pick up 7-14 days after they have been dropped off.
- This service is a available to all UMMC employees and will delivered/picked up Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The hospital is not responsible for personally purchased lab coats that are sent out for cleaning.
- If the lab coat has not been picked up within 30 days, IT WILL BE DISCARDED!
**If you have old lab coats laying around your area, please do not put them in the regular trash, they have names and credentials on them. Instead, discard old lab coats in a red medical waste bag. They will be incinerated with the other medical waste.
Ariel Albarracin (Manager) 410-328-5520 email@example.com
Linen Office: 410-328-5521
- Scrub Access Form, the form is completed and submitted online or come to the linen room SGA 37, ground floor with your badge.
- Current policy on Hospital Owned Scrubs
Please remind your residents, NEVER THROW AWAY SCRUBS!!! They are NEVER too soiled to be cleaned. If they get them out of the scrub access machine damaged, torn, soiled, stained, etc. please inform them to tie them in a knot and put them back in the machine. This gives them their credit for another set of scrubs and lets laundry know there is an issue with that particular set of scrubs.