House Staff Association and Lounge - Current Residents and Fellows
The UMMS House Staff Association is a voluntary association dedicated to provide the UMMS residents and fellows with representation, advocacy, and free food. The House Staff Association has a lounge that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for house staff use.
We strive to give you support while you are working hard in and out of the hospital. We also believe it is important to provide opportunities to explore your city and interact with your peers.
We plan events outside of the hospital for all residents and fellows. We encourage you to bring your family to these events as well. We also try to have events inside the hospital. Residencies and fellowships are difficult. It is our goal to make sure you enjoy your time while you are here.
House Staff Association 2019-2020 Social Events
- July - Summer welcome @ Raw & Refined on the Canton Waterfront
- August - Happy Hour w/ Johns Hopkins @ Sandlot
- September - Pet Therapy @ UMMC
- October - Annual Halloween Party @ Little Havana
- November-June - Volleyball Pick Up Games @ SMC Gym
- Winter - Coffee/Ice Cream Socials & More Pet Therapy @ UMMC
- February - Annual Valentine's Party
- April - Spring Happy Hour in Fells Point
Follow us on Instagram! @ummchsa
House Staff Association Lounge Amenities
Upon membership to the House Staff Association, the resident/fellow is eligible to the amenities of the House Staff Association Lounge 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Some amenities include:
- Computers with Internet Access
- Keurig Coffee Maker
- Surround Sound System
- Flat Screen Television
To become a member of the House Staff Association, simply fill out the application, will authorize the UMMS payroll to automatically deduct $3 per pay period from the paycheck and return the completed form to the Graduate Medical Education Office.
House Staff Board Members
- President: Gloribel Olexa - Pediatrics
- Vice President, Resident/Fellow Representation: Nikhil Prasad - Surgery
- Vice President, House Staff Events and Committees: Gordon Crews - Radiology
- Vice President of Social Events: Dina Ioffe - Internal Medicine
- Social Media Liaison: Michelle Ponder - Internal Medicine
House Staff Officers - email@example.com