Your Health - Maryland Public Television
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) partners with Maryland Public Television (MPT) for a special series called "Your Health," which features UMMS specialists who share their medical expertise with viewers all across Maryland.
UMMS guests appear every other week in a special "Your Health" segment on MPT's program "Direct Connection," airing live Monday nights at 7pm.
The show takes calls from viewers, so you have the opportunity to speak directly to our experts and get your questions answered.
Your Health: First New Alzheimer’s Drug in 18 years
Monday, June 14, 7 pm on Maryland Public Television
The US Food and Drug Administration recently approved the first drug to treat Alzheimer’s Disease in 18 years. Why did it take so long—and why is the drug already causing so much controversy? Julia Biernot, MD, a University of Maryland Medical Center neurologist and memory loss specialist, and an assistant professor of neurology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, will explain this major development in Alzheimer’s Disease on Maryland Public Television’s Direct Connection “Your Health” program at 7 pm.
- COVID Myths and Facts with Vinisha Amin, MD (February 8, 2021)
- Teen Mental Health and COVID-19 with Sarah Edwards, DO (January 25, 2021)
- COVID-19 Long Haulers with Andrea Levine, MD (January 11, 2021)
- COVID Vaccination Q&A with Karen Kotloff, MD (December 21, 2020)
- COVID Update with David Marcozzi, MD (December 7, 2020)
- Adults with Autism with Peter Crino, MD, PhD (November 18, 2020)
- Breast Reconstruction: What are the Options with Erin M. Rada, MD (October 5, 2020)
- Pregnancy During COVID-19 with Sarah D. Crimmins, DO (July 30, 2020)
- Healthcare Heroes with Amit Chandra, MD, and Heather Brock, RN (May 20, 2020)
- Heart Attack & COVID-19 with Mark R. Vesely, MD, and Jeremy Stephen Pollock, MD (May 19, 2020)
- Colorectal Cancer with Andrea C. Bafford. MD (March 30, 2020)
- HIV and AIDS in our Community with Sarah Schmalzle, MD (December 27, 2019)